Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Some Autumn Poems/Songs

So if you know me in 'real time' or have been following this blog for any length of time you know I enjoy writing my own little ditties. Well, I would like to share with you two I have written for the children at school. Hope you enjoy them! If you do decide to use this at a school of your own please remember what you teach your children and treat others the way you wish to be treated, in other words please just mention I wrote these. I dunno, just seems right. Besides someone suggested I put my ditties in a booklet and I am thinking about doing that. Who knows I could be the next Raffi or Uncle Moshe? °Ü°

Autumn Leaves

With this one I give each child a cut out or silk leaf and tell them to imagine they are a tall tree and this is their very last leaf of autumn. They stretch their arms up and hold their leaf high. During the first verse I ask them to wave their hands gently. During the second verse the sway their arms side to side. Third verse they release their leave and watch them float to the floor. During the last verse they pretend to splash colors about. We have a lot of fun doing this!

Autumn leaves are changing,
bright colors do I see.
Autumn winds are blowing,
the leaves from every tree.
Autumn leaves are falling
and floating to the ground.
Splashing brightly colored leaves
on every lawn in town.




Seasons

I haven't figured out anything yet to do with this one, mostly we just sing it!

Hashem gave us seasons
I love them one and all!
Winter, spring and summer
and brightly colored fall!
I love the cold of winter
and the warmth of spring.
But the cool and autumn colors
just make me sing!

Autumn colors
are bursting all around!
Leaves are changing
yellow, orange, brown.
Pumpkins and squash
are growing in the field!
And mommy cooks them up
for our favorite meals!


No comments: