Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's a House

First thing I did today was put on my apron. I know, it's not so 'yontif-dik' but I assure you it is my fanciest apron, it makes me feel warm and good which to me seems pretty 'yontif-dik'. I am happy to be at home and have my little neice and nephew here visiting. My youngest made a breakfast of pancakes for us and I took the little ones out to the sukkah to eat. They really enjoyed their breakfast and looking at the posters decorating my sukkah. My nephew pointed at my poster of the future beit hamikdash and said 'It's a house'. I told him actually it is the Holy Temple, but then I remembered the verse that says, "...for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations." (Isaiah 57:7) and thought better of my answer.

"Yes, your're right, it is a house."

No comments: