Thursday, October 16, 2008

So there I am on Ravelry...

and what did I do, (upon a certain friend's prompting of course)? I queued about 21 projects for myself. Mostly simple things like dishcloths, scarves and shawls. I am really not so into making dishcloths, but they are a great small project and I thought a really good opportunity to practice new stitches. The shawls are lovely, one I especially picked out for my oldest daughter, a cute funky chunky one. I enjoy making scarves and a few of the scarves I am really excited about. I chose one hat to try out too. See, all of a sudden my family is on my case about making them stuff. I am working on a scarf for my son and have made for my daughters already. Last night my sister informed me that the knitting torch has been passed to me now that mommy is not with us anymore, so I better get knitting. Well, there are a bizillion patterns on ravelry.com to choose from so I have plenty to choose from to keep the torch burning brightly!

Check out Ravelry, apply for an invite, and join me in the fun!

3 comments:

BJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BJ said...

Thank you for satisfying a pestering friend's inquisitiveness..... she greatly appreciates your thoughtfulness.....and (needless to say...) added a couple more things to her queue....

Missing Aish's Sukkot carnival this year.... but don't feel too sorry for your friend......as she's off to Rhinebeck this weekend ;-) [Yeah, yeah, you've already done the lots of pictures reminder.....]

Philly Farmgirl said...

Someday I am going to get to go with you...
Have a wonderful time! Think of me often! ;-)