Monday, April 30, 2007

Turkish Delight

The first spindle I ever bought was this turkish spindle. That was six or seven years ago and I never quite got the hang of it. I bought other ones and I kept trying, finding them much easier than the turkish. Well, I don't know how it happened but I finally got it! I won the battle of the turkish spindle and I can tell you I LOVE IT! It spins forever! I cannot believe it took me so long to figure it out.


I think the lack of hook intimidated me...not sure what the block was, but all that is behind me now. I have it now and I am spinning away, rather obsessively I might add. In fact it is a bit of a sacrfice to post this here as I am itching to spin and I hear the spindle a' callin' me.



Here are some pics of what I have been working on. It is some Border Leicester I have had for a while now. I must say, I am very pleased with my 'new, old toy'.



No comments: