Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Tzaddikim!!




This chai Elul, Shabbat Kodesh, is the birthday of both the Rabbi Yisrael ben Eliezer, the Holy Ba'al Shem Tov, and Rabbi Shneur Zalman of Liadi, the Ba'al HaTanya. Can I hear a "OH YEAH!!"?!?! I mean, how kewl is that?! So, along with the awesome joy and holiness of shabbat let's plug into the holiness of these great tzadikim. Learn Tanya, (it's not just for Chabadniks y'know) learn the stories of the Besht and try to be the best chasid you can be. I mean the deep spirtual kind of chasid, (striemel and bekesha/kaputa not required) that dances and sings and is a simple Jew who loves Hashem and just tries to please Him in ALL he does and says.

Note: as I was writing this, my little niece got herself in an awkward situation and could not stand up. My beloved, leaned over to help her. He looked at me and said, "She couldn't elevate herself, I had to help her." I smiled, "I hear ya'."
May the merit of these holy Tzaddikim elevate us and help us all out of our awkward situations and help us to stand.

No comments: