Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Erez Levanon OB"M

I just read about the great loss klal Israel has experienced with the murder of the tzaddik Erez Levanon, ob"m. I read about how he was in hitbodedut in the forest near Bat Ayin when this atrocity occurred. As I read of his simple life dedicated to Hashem, his Rebbe (The Holy Rabbi, Rebbe Nachman of Breslov) and to all his brothers and sisters in Israel I wept and wept. I was again humbled as to what my life is and who I really am. There I read the testimony of his joy and devotion. Testimony of his commitment to Hashem's children by spending summers in India to bring the lost sheep of Israel home to Judaism. As you can see by this picture, that truly is worth a thousand words, you see how this man was truly a tzaddik dedicated to his community's most valuable assets. We have all deeply suffered a great loss. May his martyred death not be in vain. May his sacrifice draw my heart to true teshuvah. May his life of example always remind me what is really important. May his devotion spark my own and bring me to a life that is filled and overflowing with love of Hashem, love of His holy Torah and miztvot, love and attachment to the Tzaddik and true love of my fellow Jew. This is my prayer for me and for you my dear friends. May his sacrife bring us all closer to the coming of Moshiach, mamosh bimheirah b'yameinu.

Note: Picture is taken from Rabbi Lazer Brody's site.

No comments: