Monday, July 17, 2006

Just a little Emunah

My beloved friends Rabbi Shalom Pasternak, his wife and their two children live in the holy city of Tsfat. They raise their children with yirat shamayim and an eagerness for the coming and imminent geulah. The proof of this was when the bombing started. There oldest daughter Emunah (around three years old, BA"H) asked her Tatty something like this (I cannot remember the exact quote) , "Is Moshiach coming now?" Her humor is good and calm. She was excited to stay with friends over shabbat and simply said they there because the bombs keep going "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!" Oy...what we should all be learning from these children. Little Emunah has so much to teach us. She is so aptly named.

What is it going to take for us to pray? What is it going to take for us to lay aside the trivial and frivolous? When are we going to truly cry out to Hashem? If not now, when? Dear family and friends I ask myself this question first and foremost. What am I going to do about this? Do I REALLY understand the gravity of this situation? Am I hearing and listening to the message?

My children want to leave so badly. They are so unhappy here. Their hearts are still tightly bound in Eretz Israel. How I wish we were all there. My family is concerned and does not want either of them to go back. How could I prevent them? Do I even want to? The Lubavitcher Rebbe has said that the land of Israel is the safest place. Strangely enough, in spite of the news reports I agree with him. Who knows better, the media or the Tzaddikim? My money will always lie with our Tzaddikim.

The war of Gog and Magog has begun and it is the war on our Emunah. Our teshuvah, tefillot and tzedakah are the strongest, most effective bombs that can be dropped.

No comments: