Thursday, November 17, 2005

Home remedy, served with love

Can I tell you? I NEVER get sick. I am telling you, I have such an immune system (Bli ayin hara, poo poo poo), so for me to be sick the past week is unheard of. My little charge and her brother were kind enough to share their colds with me and apparently my body decided it liked it enough to hold onto it a while. I had it, then it left, then it made a return visit with a vengeance, then it morphed into stomach pains and nausea. Thank G-d that was short lived and now it just kinda comes and goes in waves. OK, so now that you know the gory details, that is not why I am blogging this. I wanted to tell you about my beloved Tzivya who is such a nurturing little Mama to her Mama. She made me such a soup yesterday. I can tell you it had LOTS of garlic and lots of love. So delish and so comforting. She took so much care to make it for me, serve me and take care of me. What a little doll she is. I am a firm believer in cooking with love. It may sound hokey to some but I tell you all that love and good thoughts for my refuah were so healing for me yesterday. It really came through in her home remedy and I felt so much better after my daughter's soup.

No comments: