Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Philly Farmgirl's Farmyard Fantasies (Warning: Strictly Girl Talk)

A bath...ahhhh, the luxury of a long hot bath. Y'know, I think 'normal' ladies, (whoever they are) would take some sort of romance novel with them when partaking of a long deserved bath. At the very least one would think they would take the latest fashion magazine. They would put on some classical music, light a few candles and sink into the joy that is the bath tub. But not this true blue (or John Deere green, if you will) farmgirl. I decide to relax in the bath tub, with bath salts of my own making and the newest Murray McMurray Hatchery Catalog! Can I tell you? It was so grand!

I used to have chickens when I lived in Maryland. I miss them so much. There I was, in the tub, fantasizing and planning my barnyard full of black Australorps, white Orpingtons, Rhode Island Reds, and a few Black tailed Buff Japanese thrown in for good measure. What a beautiful rainbow that would be! If I were actually planning my barnyard, I think I might be a bit more practical, maybe not. When I had finished my bath, I laid my catalog down, sank back into the tub one more time and gave such a contented sigh. Oy, was that relaxing. No romance novel can give me the joy a real Farmgirl Fantasy can!

No comments: