Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mighty Ones in the Holy Land

Here I am in the U.S of A and I am missing my children so much. I was reading "Crossing the Narrow Bridge, a Practical Guide to Rebbe Nachman's Teachings", and I came across this quote from Rebbe Nachman that has comforted me greatly.

"Once, Rebbe Nachman gave lesson about the greatness of the Holy Land: To be a Jew means to rise time and again, to be forever reaching to ever greater levels. Whoever wants to be a Jew can only do so with the merit of the Holy Land. Getting there is a major battle. But when a person merits arriving in the Holy Land, he is called a "mighty one," for he has won the battle. (Likutey Moharan 1. 20 end)

My children are mighty ones. I pray I too can be a mighty one and merit to be in Eretz Israel soon.

No comments: