Friday, September 09, 2005

The Kotel

This is a picture of the Kotel, the Western Wall. My son Ya'akov called this morning so excited! He had been at the Kotel with his Yeshivah and this was his first visit there, he was so thrilled! In fact so was I, it felt as if I had been there too. We sent him with notes to put in the Wall and he accomplished that mission today. I asked him what it was like and he said there were no words to describe it. He did say you really feel like you are right in Hashem's presence, very humbling. He told me when I get there, b'ezrat HaShem, I will spend the first hour crying. I told him I am sure I would. He met some of his friends from home on Ben Yehuda street and he said it was such an incredible time. He just called to wish me a Shabbat Shalom as they were getting ready to leave to the Kotel to bring in Shabbat. When I got off the phone with him I cried, but this time I cried from absolute joy! My son is in Yerushalayim at the Kotel welcoming the Shabbat! Incredible! Im'Yirtzeh HaShem, I too will have this privledge...we all will. My beloved told me to imagine this feeling and then to imagine when the Beit HaMikdash is rebuilt! My mind was blown trying to think of such a thing! When our righteous Moschiach comes and rebuilds our Holy Temple and we are all together in Eretz Israel worshipping our G-d...Oh it truly makes me tremble! May it be soon and speedily in our time!!
"And it is said: The L-rd will be King over the entire earth; on that day the L-rd will be One and His Name one."
"B'yom ha'hu yiyeh Hashem echad u'shemo echad."
Zechariah 14:9

Shabbat Shalom,
Philly Farmgirl

No comments: