Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dark Moon

Did you ever notice my moon phases there on the right? I love watching the moon, watching as it waxes and wanes. The passage of time feels more obvious and gentle to me as I observe the coming and going of each new month. I just looked at it today and sure enough there is little moon outside. The new moon is coming! But this is no regular new moon, this is the last moon of the year and the new moon that will be birthed this coming Monday night is the first of the new year.

New year, new time, new everything.

As I think of of the blackness of the moon I would like to imagine this year and all it's pain and confusion being buried within it's darkness. It's been a hard year for me all the way around, physically, spriritually, emotionally, financially. It has been very hard and I am pleased to bid it adieu, never to be seen again. I feel hopeful that this year will be better, a year that will bring healing and peace again.

Yes, the dark moon brings me comfort with it's blackness. I wish to also be concealed, even buried within it's womb-like darkness and be reborn with it's first cresent. I hope that with each phase of it's rebirth that I too am born again to hope and love, that I see the good again and find peace. I pray to grow again into fullness and brightness, reflecting that which is good and beautiful.

It is my prayer for the new year. It is my prayer for me and it is my prayer for you.


No comments: