Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A silly song for baby

Greetings all!

Yesterday, as I was taking care of my little Miss, I made up this song for her. It is just a silly ditty that was birthed out of my saying to her "You are so yummy, so delicious! Just like a potato knish!" So here it is my songwriting debut I share with all of you, my homeschool comrades!



To the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy:



I like you better than a blintz,

Better than periogies,

I even like you better than a cheese and veggie hoagie!

You're so yummy, so delish, you're better than a potato knish!

You're so yummy, so delish, even better than gefilte fish!

I like you better than the cholent,

Better than a kugel,

I even like you better than a homemade cherry strudel!

You're so yummy, so delish, you're better than a potato knish!

You're so yummy, so delish, even better than gefilte fish!



So there you have it! My youngest asked "Why are you comparing her to food? You make it sound as if she is something to eat!" quoting Mrs. Harris of "Anne of Windy Poplars". I responded with a litany of food words we use as terms of affection in the English Language such as honey, pumpkin, dumpling, sweet pea, sweet potato, sugar plum, cookie, lamb chop etc. And this little neshameleh really is so yummy!

Oops, she is calling me!

1 comment:

Jamie Carin and Claudio Romano said...

I know this is an old post but it is HYSTERICAL!! I can totally hear my mother singing something like this. I love your blog!